Sustainability Fellow: Alice in Paris, France
Salut tout le monde, and welcome to my blog! I’m Alice, an international student from the beautiful North East of England, and I’ll be studying in Paris for a year, starting this fall. I’m a French and Russian major in Amherst’s class of 2021, and am focusing on Medieval French Literature and Russian Language this semester. In my spare time I love playing the flute, and I’m always planning my next radio show!
As a Global Sustainability Fellow, I will be researching the global environmental impact of the fashion industry in Paris and seeking practical, powerful ways in which we can all help to fight the climate crisis with our everyday choices, and identifying key areas in which we can contribute to the activism that’s changing laws and regulating corporations to tackle the sustainability challenges surrounding the garment and textile industries.
I think it’s important that every step we take together towards a sustainable future in fashion is accessible, affordable and practical, and am looking forward to sharing my insights along the way!
- Transitioning to a Remote Semester Abroad
- Reflections on Sustainable Fashion from Paris
- A Photo Exploration of Fast and Secondhand Fashion in Paris
- Climate Conversations: An interview with my host sister
- Shopping without money, fashion without waste – exploring alternatives to consumer fashion in Paris
- Привет, et salut tout le monde!