Benjamin in Oxford, England
As an English major focusing on colonial literature, I chose to study in the United Kingdom in order to better understand the imperialism of the world’s largest empire in history and the culture of some of the greatest literature in the English language. At Amherst, I run for the varsity track (indoor and outdoor) and cross country teams. I am studying English and History at the University of Oxford through IFSA-Butler for the complete 2015-2016 academic year.
- Attending a British University – Acclimating to a New Vocabulary and Class Structure
- Theatre and Street Performing in the United Kingdom and the United States
- Being a Visiting Student at the University of Oxford
- Lack of Racial Diversity and its Implications at the University of Oxford
- Studying in the United Kingdom – A Different Approach to Schoolwork