Lea in London, England
Hey y’all! My name is Lea and I am from San Antonio, Texas. I am a proud member of the Class of 2021 and a prouder Latinx and Latin American Studies major. This upcoming Fall, I am excited to be studying abroad in London through the IFSA Queen Mary, University of London Partnership.
Throughout my time abroad, I am interested in examining the state of higher education within England especially as more people from non-traditional and underrepresented backgrounds have applied to such institutions. I am particularly interested in this topic as it compares to the state of higher education in the United States as seen through my perspective as a First Generation, low-income student of color.
Throughout the semester, I hope that my insights are helpful and that I can contribute to the dialogue surrounding access to higher education at Amherst and beyond.
- Final Reflections: Educational Equity at Amherst and Abroad
- Study Abroad for FLI Students- A British Perspective
- London through Photos
- Finding Institutional Support Systems Abroad
- From Regret to Optimism: Finding Common Ground in a Foreign Institution
- Examining Access to Higher Education through Study Abroad